Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Late Birthday Sophie


Sophie turned 2 on Saturday and we had a little party for her that day, Monday, and we'll have another one this Sunday. We like to spread birthdays out around here. Honestly, she had a pretty crappy birthday on Saturday because I had to work ALL day. (I really mean all day.)

She really loved getting new toys and having all the attention focused on her for her party. She even did her VERY best to blow out the two candles on her cake. I think she might have had a little help, but don't most kids get help from all their friends and siblings that are close enough to blow?


Sophie is a wonderful blessing in my life. She is so sweet and caring sometimes, and other times she'll glare at you and give you her best stink eye. She's hilarious. She has just started giving me impromptu kisses and hugs. I love it when she shows me she loves me. Neither of my children started out particularly cuddly - just too independent - so it's nice when they have gotten older and actually show they need me.

I think Sophie is turning into a pretty typical two year old already. (Honestly, she started that phase pretty early.) She fake cries all the time, she throws herself on the floor when she's been offended. She takes off her diaper at night. She even backtalks when I chastise her. She's fabulous! I'm so glad I've been blessed to care for this wonderful little spirit. I think she's really smart and funny. She tells knock-knock jokes without end and is talking so much. She loves to take care of her babies - it helps her lay down at night if she thinks she's putting her babies to bed too. I love my little Sophie!

4 comments:

F said...

happy late birthday sophie! annnd we should probably take that crib away from you guys so you don't have to have even more stuff than necessary hanging around your house that you're trying to fix up! i feel horrible. and you can call me without thinking i'll hate you for calling any time. i have that same quirk by the way, however it doesn't usually stop me from calling the pizza guy... anymore. anyway i'll try and get ahold of you in the next few days anyway because we have to move out of our apartment and that would be a good time to take the crib off your hands.

and thanks by the way!

Chatty Family said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Sophie!

On Our List said...

Sophie is awesome...thanks for letting us crash Sophie's party...my children look great in the pictures. Happy Birthday Sophie. We love you!!!

Steven & Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday Sophie! Sorry the other kids and I couldn't come, but they were being way too bad. So I hope it was a great party. Steve said it was fun, and Tyson had a blast playing with all the kids.