Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Disaster Area Part 1

So, I haven't posted for a while. I couldn't think of anything particularly noteworthy. I thought of something big today, though. We've been making some home improvements. Or at least that is what they are intended to be in the end. We had AJ and JoAnna come over and paint the girls rooms. Tom and I don't particularly enjoy painting, so the only way we figured it would get done would be to pay somebody to do it for us. AJ and JoAnna were the willing suckers.

Here is a before picture from Sophie's room:



It was a really cool castle room with matching heavy drapes and all the fixin's. However, we don't have any boy children. So, we painted over the castle and now it's glass green. It looks kind of minty, but you can't really tell from the picture. I still need to hang things on the walls and figure out some sort of window thingy, but I'm excited to put

Here is an after picture, it's much brighter and will be a lot more hospitable to a new baby:


Abby's room, however is not finished yet. The paint is all done and brightened it up in there a bunch too. It was a fairly dark purple before and I got kind of annoyed with it after a year. Here's what her room looks like now. It's all pink, so I didn't bother trying to capture a panorama.


The problem here, is that we are getting new carpet some time soon. So, this is what the living room looks like as I'm typing:

I'm hoping to get my living room back sometime this week, but it kind of depends on us finding time to go pick out carpet and get the installers to come. Wish me luck! There won't be any Christmas at our house until we can get all this stuff put away.

2 comments:

On Our List said...

WOW!!! You have been very busy. We need to go to lunch. How is Friday?

Unknown said...

I don't know if I can leave the house Friday - I've got a conversion Saturday and work is CRAZY.