Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I can't take my eyes off them!

Sophie is getting a little too tall and she can reach onto the kitchen table. Each day she seems to be able to reach farther and farther. So anyway--I thought a particular box of cereal was sufficiently centered on the tableand perfectly safe from the reach of little miss grabby hands. Think again!

I heard some Sophie like noises from upstairs, ran up to see what was going on, and discovered Peanut Butter Captain Crunch all over the floor. Po was quickly trying to eat as much as possible before his dream situation ended. Sophie had the box upside down trying to get more out. Why! Why can't she just reach her adorable little arm in and pull some out? Why the dumping and shaking of the box? I don't get it. I think she likes the mess. She dumped out an entire box of crackers on Sunday the same way. I personally blame Sophie, but in the back of my head I think that maybe I should learn from these episodes.

Abby has been washing her feet a lot lately. She gets a washcloth, a cup of water, and some handsoap and goes to town. I figure it isn't too big of a deal--but she tends to get carried away. The bathroom door was closed a short while ago and I asked Abby if she was washing her feet again. She replied, "No! I'm washing the window." So proud of herself. I opened the door and, sure enough, she was washing the window. With what, you ask? Two bottles of handsoap and her toothbrush. GROSS!!! What is wrong with this child. Maybe I should make her use her toothbrush without cleaning it off as punishment. What do you think?

5 comments:

Devon and Brooke said...

i love that the cereal was peanut butter captain crunch - my kids think that anything that can be dumped out is much more fun than trying to get a few at a time! your girls are beautiful! :)

Steven & Adrienne said...

I think that is hillarious! Of course if it happened to me, I wouldn't be laughing. Your girls are so funny and cute. And I love your flowers, mine just bloomed this last week, and I love looking at them, instead of dead looking things. And I love baby feet too...especially chubby ones like Tysons!

Sara said...

Hey...may I add you to my list of blogs I look at? :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sara - go ahead and add me. I'll try to think of good stuff for you to read! It's nice to hear from you again.

Kristy

Sara said...

You're so cute :) Yea, my blog isn't entertaining, but it posts day to day stuff. Not always fun, huh? Sophie is adorable---William has ran around the house with the plunger like it's a sword chasing after Abigail (more than once) -- gross. If you want to see mine, email me your email address. Mine is private so you'll have to accept an invite. I don't put my email address on these, but Adrienne and/or Sharon has my address. Up to you. Believe me though, Bo-ring! :) But, it's still fun to "keep in touch." g2g