Wednesday, April 2, 2008

And the Winner Is . . .

Me!!! Our Biggest Loser Contest ended last night and I won. Woo hoo! I think I worked pretty hard, so I'm proud of myself. I have lost 37.5 pounds since January 1st - that's 15.7% of my body weight. I feel a lot better now too. Steve won for the men. He lost 53 pounds which is 18.7% of his body weight. On the whole, everyone did really well. I was really nervous going into it, but it turned out that I won by 6% or something.

We reported weekly for the first two months, then didn't report at all for the last month to keep the winner a secret. There was sound reasoning behind the decision, but we all lost some motivation by not checking in. The accountability kept us in line.

Some of us finished up the night by going to our pseudo In-N-Out burger place. I had a gigantic chocolate milk shake, fries, and a delicious cheeseburger to celebrate. It was fabulous! I won't be going back to eating the same as before, but I might let myself have the occasional shake now and then.

6 comments:

On Our List said...

You went to Cheddars...how was it? Is is as good as In and Out? I am so proud of you!!!! I knew you could win...you were dilligent in your exercise routine and worked on eating correctly. Great job!!! Before you know it you will be wearing size 6 jeans like me. LOL

Love ya,
Sharon

Steven & Adrienne said...

I am proud of you! I was happy to come in 3rd and almost beat Jennifer! Steve said the food was great last night...but the kids were crazy. When I got home he said I am done with them, it's your turn now! Which I thought was pretty funny! But Congrats again! You did great and have fun with the $500!!!!

Unknown said...

Sharon, actually it was EZ Take Out where Fazoli's used to be. It was pretty good, I think everyone liked it.

On Our List said...

That doesn't count as the pseudo In-N-Out...didn't you hear about In-N-Out suing Cheddars...I am disappointed. Just kidding. Don't worry about the chocolate clothes, Erika always spills hot chocolate or ice cream. That is why her middle name is Grace...she is a clutz. I will post Spencer's soccer schedule on my blog so you can pick a game and come see. I can't guarantee it will be warm though because we live in Utah.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! WAY TO GO KRISTY! I am so proud of you guys for working so hard! It is motivating me to exercise. I haven't actually done it yet but I am thinking about it anyways. :)

F said...

that's AMAZING! Last time i saw you ( i think it was easter, yikes!) you looked REALLY good! the moral of the story is you're AWESOME and um congrats! seriously though, i should have said something when I was thinking it... way to go! (i'm feeling like a kindergarten teacher, you know, handing out those "wow!" "you're #1" "terrrRific!" stickers. you deserve them all though) ok i'm done.