Tuesday, April 15, 2008

That Darn Baby!

Sophie climbed out of her crib 4 TIMES last night! After the first 3 times, I tried rocking her to sleep, then laying her down and she woke up and climbed out. We ended up letting her fall asleep on the bed in the office room where we were at and carrying her up to bed a couple of hours later. I know climbing out of cribs is a milestone many children hit. But Sophie is only 16 months old and I'm not quite ready to deal with it yet.

So, I ordered a crib net to further secure her cage for the time being. I should get it in the next week or two. I'll be sure to post on how that works out later. My dad thought it was hilarious. Sort of a Karma thing, I suppose. I was quite the escape artist in my day, so I guess Sophie has it in her genes.

Anybody reading this - please give me tips on what to do. Did your kids do this too? If so, please don't tell me you just moved them into a bed!

3 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

I never had my kids long enough in a crib so that they figured out how to climb out. But that sounds hillarious to picture little petite Sophie climbing out over and over again. She is so cute and funny like her mom. Hopefully the net works.

-adg

On Our List said...

I am so proud of you for not swearing...b/c I would be. I don't know what to tell you...when Erika did this I moved her to a bed. Good luck figuring out what to do...I can so picture you climbing out as a baby, you never can stay in a "cage" for long.

Love ya,
Sharon

P.S. I was a little disapointed that I dedicated a blog to you and you didn't post a comment...you better have a good excuse or I might egg your house. J/K

Andrea Landaker said...

Yeah, we just moved them to a bed, or a crib mattress on the floor before they started climbing out of the crib. But I usually close the door so Onyx has no choice but to go to bed. For the first month or so (we switched him a few months ago), he would bang on the door, and I would put him back in his bed, repeat about five times every night. But now he understands the routine and just goes to sleep most of the time.

Good luck!