Thursday, December 3, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is my hair back?

Well, Sophie has remained relatively quiet for a little too long. I think she has been pretty good lately because she was saving up for a big burst of naughtiness. Sophie was supposed to be upstairs, quietly watching some show or other while hanging out on my bed. I went upstairs for something and Sophie came up to see me. The first thing I noticed was a big black mark on her forehead. Then I noticed there was hair all over her shirt. I thought maybe there was an unusually LARGE amount of hair on my bathroom floor and she had decided to lay in it. Then I figured it out. Sophie had found the scissors. Bah! Naughty little girl.


There was a big clump of hair on the table by the TV. She hid - knowing I was angry with her. I tracked her down in the basement and went to check the damage. I pulled her hairband out and a big clump of hair came with it! This child will be the death of me! I wiped the eyeliner off her forehead and took a few pictures to remember this wonderful moment by.


She cut a bunch from the top of her head - and some from her left side. This was the side I had been trying to grow out from some bangs she had previously had. It was finally almost long enough to go nicely into her pony tail! Well, it wasn't any more. I figured we had two options. Either trim it up a bit and hide her short patches for a year or more - or just cut it short. I went with cut it short. She looks like a little boy now. But at least she is cute!

3 comments:

Laura said...

She looks older with her hair so short. That little one is so naughty. It's a good thing she is so cute. You'll just have to make sure she's always wearing pink :)

ckm said...

Sophie.

You are not alone.

Julia did the same thing to Jenna 2 weeks before our HUGE family picture over the Christmas Holiday almost 12 years ago. No bangs or hair over one ear was in fashion for quite some time in our house. Kerst still chops at his bangs if they start bugging him.

They must be related!

F said...

yup, i did it too. not quite that gung ho though! she's nuts! haha i love it!