Thursday, January 22, 2009

My little Abby is 5!

Abby just had her fifth birthday yesterday. It's hard to believe I have a 5 year old, but she's a pretty great one to have. She started the day off with breakfast in bed. Abby made me breakfast in bed once with Tom and now she thinks it is the ultimate treat. It was pretty funny when she requested it! She had a pretty fancy breakfast with eggs, sausages, juice, and blueberry muffins. I'm a little worried she might request breakfast in bed with every special occasion! She and Sophie decided to have more muffins in Abby's bed later. It's a good thing she doesn't seem to notice crumbs in her bed!


Abby got her first bicycle for her birthday. She was SUPER excited about it and has since gone outside several times to practice. It's just a bummer that it's so cold outside.


Here's Abby contemplating her cake and Sophie trying her best to blow out the candles from 4 feet away. Abby had fun helping me decorate the cake. She pretended she was an expert baking fairy called in to help me.


We ended the day with dinner with both sets of Abby's grandparents. We sure are lucky to have them close by! Abby even got to meet Cosmo at the restaurant. Abby gave him 5 and Sophie gave a small reluctant wave.


Abby had a pretty fun day - and she still has another party coming up on Saturday with her little girl friends. I keep hoping I'll go into labor and have the baby before then so Tom can deal with 10 little girls instead of me! Pray for contractions everyone!!!

2 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Hey if you go into labor, then you can't enjoy all of us at Chili's. I think instead, we just need to kidnap you for that time and Tom can deal with 10 girls!!! You are brave to have that many little screaming girls running around.

Steven & Adrienne said...

Hey I am making my blog private, so if you would like to still read it please send an email to me at stevenadrienne@hotmail.com and I will add you to my list. Have a great day.