Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

I have put off posting about Christmas because I didn't feel like taking the time to do Christmastime justice. Now it's been about a week and a half and I've probably forgotten all the stuff I wanted to say. I was so grateful to be able to take the whole week off work - the time off was really nice. I got the house nice and clean and felt like I was at least sort of prepared when Christmas came.


We attempted to get some nice pictures of the girls in their Christmas dresses, but we don't seem to be getting any better at the whole picture thing. Oh well! We did get a couple of pictures with Tom and I in them, which tends to be a rare feat.



We put Abby off for about an hour Christmas morning so we could sleep a little more and let Sophie sleep as well. I was surprised at how patient she was! Here is a picture of Abby and Sophie running out to the living room to see if Santa had come. Abby had looked down the hallway earlier and couldn't see that anything was different and was seriously worried that Santa had skipped us.

Christmas morning was lots of fun and we blew through all of our presents really quickly. It's hard to put a damper on Abby's enthusiasm!

We had a pretty relaxing morning and played with our new toys for a while. We then had a delicious brunch at my parents' house followed by a visit to Tom's parents' house where Santa had been tricked into filling another stocking for him. I need to figure out how to get Santa to fill two stockings for me too! We ended the day with a yummy frozen pizza dinner and more playing with new toys.

2 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Happy to see your update and all of the pictures - especially one with you in it! Hope all is well and you have a Happy New Year! (my word verification was "rabit" - funny.)

F said...

paha i love the picture of abby and sophie running down the hallway. They're the cutest!