Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacation

I'm a little slow on updating, but I'm getting to it now!! We had a great vacation to Lake Tahoe last month. The drive was long, but the kids did awesome. It sure helps to have a tv for Abby and Sophie to watch movies on all through the trip. It's been too long now, so I'll probably just post a whole bunch of pictures most people won't want to see. We had lots of fun hiking and relaxing and splashing around in the pool. Laura and Jeff were finally able to join us (it's been several years) but AJ had to go and move to Texas, so we didn't have everybody with us. Maybe one of these summers we'll all go together again!!!

Sophie and Abby took turns being sick a couple of days - we were lucky they each only lasted about 12 hours. There was much puke to be had, but we managed much better than I would have thought. I was VERY grateful Alice didn't get sick. I'm pretty sure babies don't give much warning before they puke all over you.

My parents were at their usual place up at north shore and the rest of us had a couple of condos on the south shore. We did a lot of driving back and forth, but we got lots of fun time together.

We got an awesome view of Lake Tahoe from really high up on some mountain courtesy of Uncle Paul. It was pretty cool, even if it was a little bit of a scary car ride trying to get there before the sun set.

We took the obligatory photos at the Emerald Bay Vista Stop off place.

Alice really wanted to join Sophie in the bath. She dove in with all of her clothes on!!



I let Abby take some pictures and these three were her very favorite subjects.


I had a hard time keeping these girls apart. (Mostly I couldn't get my kids to stay in our condo!)

The girls LOVED their beach time.

Thankfully, Alice did some good napping in the car. We were in the car a lot.

Playing games with the family is a rare treat - but always fun. (As long as I win)

2 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Looks like fun, but where are the pictures of you?

Unknown said...

Haha, seems like those somehow didn't make the cut for the blog . . .