Monday, February 22, 2010

Basement facelift

We're still working on finishing things up in the family room downstairs, but I had a request to see a picture of the paint job I did downstairs. Anyway, here it is. It's a little difficult to tell the color I used since it isn't super dark or anything. It is called Imperial Sand - and it's pretty much a warm tan color. I think it turned out pretty well, certainly better than the stark white from before. The couches are new and I still need to figure out a good room configuration. Our room is really narrow - it's like 12 feet wide and 20 feet long, so it's tricky to find something functional that also looks good. We'll probably settle for functional.

We also got a new TV. It's big. WAY bigger than our 32" tube TV we bought 8 years ago. Hopefully this new TV lasts us at least 8 years. We still need to get some sort of console/entertainment center for underneath. I'm thinking something wood and black, maybe kind of chunky? Who knows, but I'm looking for a deal so it could be a while. In the meantime, coffee table it is.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks good Kristy!!

ckm said...

Beautiful!

John just recently hung our TV on the wall and ran the wires in the wall so now we are finally cordless! We too had a coffee table for a tv stand (for 15 years) until recently. That is all gone and everything is wired into the storage room on John's HTPC.

Steven & Adrienne said...

OOOHH I like that color, maybe I will have to come check it out, becuase we are trying to figure out what color to paint our house inside...Looks great, and you will love your new tv and couches!