Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kindergarten!


Abby went to her first day of Kindergarten about 30 minutes ago. I think she'll do just great - but I worry about her falling on the playground or getting her feelings hurt by the other kids. I feel like I haven't prepared her enough for going out into the "world"! I didn't think it would feel that different than taking her to preschool, but it does. She didn't take the BUS to preschool. And preschool was in a wonderful woman's basement that lives around the corner. Kindergarten is not nearly as safe and secure as all that.

We went to the school last night to find out who her teacher would be and to briefly meet her. It was a madhouse at the school! There were way too many parents stuffed into the hallways and classrooms. It was a little intimidating for me since this is my first child in school. At least Abby didn't seem to be nervous.

The decision to have her ride the bus to school this morning was pretty last minute. Abby really wanted to ride it - but I had planned on having Tom take her. So, I didn't get any really good pictures of my little Kindergartner. Ah well, at least I got a couple.

Abby looks nervous here - but really she's just worried I'll take too long with the pictures for her to make it to the bus.


You can see Abby's little legs just before she climbs into that big bus.

3 comments:

ckm said...

Oh those days! I remember I cried the first time my oldest went to Kindergarten. When my next kids went, it was not so traumatic. I was a veteran. Kindergarten is still full of sweet kids and they always have the sweetest teachers as well. Enjoy the time with the other two while Abby is at school. This year will go by quickly!

On Our List said...

Erika is jealous that Abby gets to ride a bus. Hope she had a great first day!!!

MaryAnn said...

Katelyn will be jealous too that Abby gets to ride the bus. She loved the bus the first couple of months last year before Timpanogos was finished. I was a little nervous about Katelyn starting first grade. It's a long time to have her gone. She loves it though and says it's better then Kindergarden. She loves having more recesses and having lunch there. Abby will love Kindergarden.