Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Preschool Graduation

*WARNING* This post is pretty much for my benefit only. You know, a journaling kind of thing.

Abby had a ton of fun in preschool this year. She is extremely social, so it was a great opportunity for her to get out of the house and play with other kids. She also learned her numbers and her lower case letters a lot better. She also memorized a song or poem for each month during class and amazed me with her skills. She loves to sing them and put funny emphasis on different parts of the songs.

The had a cute little graduation where they showed us their poems/songs and demonstrated their new knowledge. Unfortunately, my camera ran out of batteries at the beginning, so I did most of the picture taking with my cell phone. Since I didn't have a real camera I didn't get any great shots of her posing with her teacher or the other kids. I did get a few fun ones though.


You can see how much taller Abby is than the other kids in class. To give them a little credit, she is about a year older than most of them.



Here's Alice making it hard for me to get any good pictures.


Here's Sophie being distracted by the cell phone. She was not particularly enthralled by the graduation program. (It only lasted about 15 minutes, she lasted about 2 minutes.)
.



Here's Abby's November poem recitation (plus some other stuff of some other kid). Pardon the quality, I don't claim to have any talent as far as my cinematography skills are concerned. I also freely blame Alice for making doing most things tricky.

The kids seemed to enjoy playing outside in the sandbox the most. I know it was Sophie's highlight of the day.

No comments: