Thursday, June 11, 2009

Faith

I have lots of things to post (Abby's pre-school graduation, the Princess Festival, my new niece . . .) , but I'll just do a short post for now. About a week and a half ago I decided I should work on my Personal Progress stuff in Young Women's since I am in the presidency. I haven't been very good about getting my girls to work on their goals, so I thought if I was working on it I'd be better at helping them. I started at the beginning - so I'm on Faith #1. I read some scriptures, some Conference talks, and now I'm supposed to pray morning and night for two weeks - then, of course, record it in my journal. It's all about increasing your faith.

Some amazing things have been accomplished through faith. So, I prayed that Heavenly Father would help me to increase my faith. Well, it looks like he decided to help me out by throwing a trial at me. I suppose I did ask for it! Tom came home on Friday and told me he had lost his job. The company is having serious financial issues and they decided to let three of the guys go in his department. I know that everything will turn out fine.

I am SO grateful to have a good job that is so flexible with me. They said I could go back to full time and start getting benefits again next week. As far as I can tell, they are also going to allow me to continue to work from home. Things will work out great, and I'm hoping Tom will get a wonderful job which enables me to eventually quit my job and focus more on the kids. We'll see. I suppose I've learned my lesson now, though. Be careful what you ask for because you really might get it!

3 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

I am sorry to hear about Tom, we just found out from Jeanette last night. We will keep you guys in our prayers that he will find a good job asap. Isn't it amazing what happens when we ask for it :). Glad you are working on personal progress...good luck with it!

Andrea Landaker said...

Oh no! :-( What a good attitude you have, though!

Katie said...

I am sorry Tom lost his job, but what a blessing that your job is being so flexible!