Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bunk bed

So, the girls got a new bunkbed almost a month ago now. It marked the beginning of Sophie and Abby sharing a bedroom. It also marked Sophie's transition into becoming a big girl. Or maybe just a little girl who could get out of bed. I'm not sure which is true right now.

Here's the new bed. I probably should have straightened it up before taking the picture - but I didn't really want to. Oh well! Why should I start creating the illusion of a clean house now? I need to find some cute matching comforters or something. For now Abby is using her old stuff and Sophie is using my stuff from college. Why waste perfectly good bedding, right?

Sophie has done amazingly well with the bed. I was worried she would try to escape for hours on end, night after night. She took a few hours to sleep the first couple of nights - making lots of noise and keeping Abby awake. I checked on her the first night before I went to bed and she was on the floor, with the top half of her body underneath the bed. Tom thought she fell out and wiggled her way under. I'm not quite sure what to think!

She still tends to take a while to sleep, but she seems to be doing it more quietly these days. Or maybe Abby has adapted and learned to ignore the noise from the bottom bunk. I'm glad it didn't turn into the nightmare I had imagined. Sophie even takes naps in her bed! She tries to worm her way out of it sometimes, but 95% of the time she gets a good nap in.

That's my story about the bunkbed.

1 comment:

Andrea Landaker said...

The Sophie sleeping pic is really cute. Hey, I recognize that book -- Onyx's current favorite, Go, Dog, Go! :-) Hopefully they continue to share well!