Saturday, August 9, 2008

Should've brought the camera


So, we had a ward party tonight and it was really fun. We started off with a picnic with lots of good food. They even had a candy cannon where they shot loads of candy for the kids to get beaned with. It was cool. After the food, we went to the pool and had a "private" party with just our ward. It was so much less crowded than normal days, and when some kid bumps into you it isn't quite as annoying because you know them and who their parents are.

Anyway, Abby has been wanting to jump off the diving board for a while now. Here swimming teacher didn't ever have them do it and she was disappointed. She practiced jumping into the deep water and swimming about 7 feet, then turning around without touching anything and swimming back to the side. She did it a few times and I was really proud of her. We figured she was probably ready enough, so Tom took her over to the diving board. He jumped in first, then swam to the side, and she jumped in after and swam to him. It was really cute and she was SO proud of herself. She did it one more time and did even better the second time. (From where I was it sounded like she tried to cough up the whole pool the first time.)

Sophie loved being in the pool too. The only problem is she starts shivering about 5 minutes into swimming time. She's so cute with her little shivery mouth. She had fun anyway and loves to go down the little kid slide and walk around in the shallow water. I was swimming too, so I wasn't really in picture taking mode. I really should have brought a camera to capture my two little girls in all their swimming pool glory. (I found a nice generic picture of the pool to post.)

2 comments:

On Our List said...

Way to go ABBY!!! I knew she could do it. Too bad the swimming teacher didn't take her to the diving boards this year. By next year she will be like Spencer doing all kinds of tricks. I will have to post their swim lessons pictures soon, I am just too lazy. :)

Steven & Adrienne said...

Wow Abby you are amazing. Now if I could get my kids motivated to swim...life would be easier.