Monday, August 18, 2008

Sad little rashy legs



Don't neglect your little diaper babies! I didn't realize Sophie had a big old poopy diaper today and it leaked out. Super wet, all over her cute little legs. She had some (apparently) extra-chafing jean shorts on and she got the saddest rashy raw spots on her thighs. I put her down for a nap soon after and thought maybe they'd be all better after her nap. She woke up after about an hour and she was really sad. I hadn't realized the damage was that bad. She was totally miserable for about an hour after her too short nap. I think the raw spots started to heal over after a while and they stopped stinging quite so badly. It was SO sad.

I gave Sophie a bath tonight and she was pretty cheery after that. You can see her little rash - and I had to take some video of her trying to walk. Her thighs hurt too much when they rub anything, so she keeps walking all bow legged. It's sad and a little funny too if you can get past the crying. (I know, I'm a terrible mother.)

4 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Poor baby! Diaper rashes are the worst! Hope she gets better soon. Have you tried Lotramin? I'm sure you have tried everything - if she'll even let you touch it! Yikes! Hang in there!

Andrea Landaker said...

Aw, ouch! Maybe it was something she ate (spicy food?). Good luck!

On Our List said...

Its not your fault...its mine. I should have noticed when I was babysitting her. I hope it gets better soon. Poor little thing.

Steven & Adrienne said...

Wow looks painful. But she sure looks cute when she was walking around. Hope she feels better soon