Monday, August 18, 2008

Dinosaurs!




So, Laura found out about this amazing deal at Thanksgiving Point. Every Tuesday in August is $2 Tuesday - you can get admission into Farm Country, the Gardens, or the Dinosaur Museum for only $2/person. Abby, Sophie and I would have had to pay $18, but we only had to pay $4 to go see a bunch of fake dinosaur bones. That's quite the deal. Of course, everybody and their 30 closest friends in Utah County go for cheapy day at the museum. It was totally crowded, but I think it was worth it. Laura brought her four kids and my mom came with us as well.

The museum is pretty neat, they have some cool looking displays. I didn't get to look that closely, though, because I was wrestling with the strongest 1 1/2 year old in the world. (I'm pretty sure I won, but I'm not positive on that point.) Sophie wanted to get down and run around, but with 5000 people around she would have been easy to lose track of. Abby thought it was pretty cool, except for at the end where she got all whiny and pretended to be too scared to look at the fake sharks.

They have a neat water table with sand and water and toy dinosaurs. Abby seemed to enjoy it, but Sophie didn't want to have anything to do with it. Near the end of the museum they have a big sandy dig area. Both girls had a lot of fun there. Sand is a bit hard to come by here in Utah. I was glad it was over at the end, but it was something I can check off my list for a while.

No comments: