Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School is in Session

School is back in and I've got TWO kids going to school now!  Abby just started the 2nd grade and Sophie had her very first day of preschool today.  Abby has been in school for two weeks and doesn't hate it yet - so that's a good sign!  She really seems to like her teacher and talks about how the teacher brings her ipod and they listen to music in class. 
I was lucky to get a smile rather than a grimacey smile out of this kid.  She's going through such an awkward picture phase!

Here comes the bus!  It's just so convenient and the bus stop is across the street from our house.

Sophie was so excited to start school, and had to wait for two WHOLE weeks after Abby started to get her turn.  She was super obedient this morning and didn't drag her feet while getting ready.  Her classroom is full of lots of fun stuff, so what kid wouldn't want to go there?  They have a sand table, play-doh, a big playhouse, a fish tank, dress-up clothes, blocks, and lots of dolls.  (I'm sure I'll find out what else there was to do when I go pick Sophie up in a bit.)  Alice had to be dragged away after we dropped Sophie off.  She wasn't very happy that she didn't get to stay for school too.

Sophie brought her special blankie to keep her company in the  car.

Here's Sophie with her first school activity.  Hopefully she can show a little patience with all the other kids!

My kids are growing up so quickly!  I love to see them learn and grow and make new friends.  But it's hard to see them grow out of that little kid phase.  It's a good thing I've got Alice around to keep me on my toes when the other two are gone!



1 comment:

Chatty Family said...

Ahhh...second grade. Always brings back memories of MISS ANNA!