Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mexico!!


Tom and I went on a Mexican Riviera cruise for our 10th Anniversary.  It was tons of fun, and really nice to escape responsibility for a week.  It also helped me to really appreciate my beautiful children when I came back.  (And also appreciate all the people that helped take care of them when I was gone!)  I'm not sure if I want to go through a play by play here on the blog - so I'll probably just post a bunch of pictures.  Mexico had some gorgeous scenery - we went to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta.  Cabo had beautiful beaches and Puerto Vallarta had lush jungle foliage.  The ship was a floating city and had everything we really needed - a spa, several pools & jacuzzis, a water slide, a comedy club, a fancy restaurant, a gigantic buffet, 24 hour pizza station, 24 hour room service, miniature golf course, all you can eat ice cream cones, awesome Asian lounge singers, towel animals with our turn-down service, cheesy "Vegas style" shows.  It was pretty sweet.  Did I mention the food was pretty amazing? We had some of the best desserts ever!  I even tried escargot - and it didn't taste gross, just creeped me out.



These next pictures are from Cabo San Lucas:

Glass blowing factory - it was pretty cool

Downtown San Jose

Mission in San Jose

Port in Cabo

Gorgeous beach!
Tom and I near the gorgeous beach

Sea lion rock by the arch

Famous? Cabo Arch

Tom getting sick on our crappy little glass bottom boat

Sea lion hanging out on the rocks

On the tender boat back to the ship

These are from Puerto Vallarta:


Church we couldn't look through because they were having Mass

So green!

The scenery was amazing

Hanging out in the flea market - it was SO hot!

Us at the tequila factory along the tour

Hanging out by a random river

Our tour group
And most of the other pictures are towel animals.  My favorite!!











Tom eating frog legs!
The pizza was awesome

1 comment:

ckm said...

How fun!
I love the towel animals. I want to learn how to do that!