Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's day was a good day. Tom made me quiche for breakfast and it was yummy. Abby made me two cards and brought me a bouquet of some random fake flowers she found around the house. Sophie came into the bedroom in the morning and told me "Happy Mother's Day!". I asked her for a hug and she told me she couldn't because she needed to go potty. Then she went into the bathroom and peed all over the floor. I think she just wanted me to not forget what's involved in being a mother.

Abby and Sophie sang in Sacrament Meeting - this was Sophie's second time. I love seeing her little head poking up while she tries to be seen. The girls made me a flower pen in Primary and filled out a little card for me with help from our young women. The front of the card says "Inside your card you will find, Some m&m's (messages for mom) that are one of a kind. Children are genuine, that we know. So cherish each moment as they grow.

Here is Abby's card:

1. What is something your mom always says to you? I love you
2. What makes your mom happy? Do what she says
3. What did your mom like as a child? Getting in mischief
4. What is your mom's favorite thing to do? work
5. What does your mom do when you're not around? work
6. How old is your mom? I don't know
7. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?working
8. What is your mom really good at? work
9. What does your mom do for her job? work and type
10. What is your mom's favorite food? quiche
11. What do you and your mom do together? play
12. How are you and your mom the same? brown eyes and hair
13. How do you know your mom loves you? never gets angry
14. What do you do to show your mom you love her? do what she says
15. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? shopping

Here is Sophie's card:

1. What is something your mom always says to you? I love you
2. What makes your mom happy? candy
3. What did your mom like as a child? being happy
4. What is your mom's favorite thing to do? cook
5. What does your mom do when you're not around? spend time with Daddy
6. How old is your mom? 4
7. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? her hugs
8. What is your mom really good at? cooking
9. What does your mom do for her job? twister
10. What is your mom's favorite food? red vines
11. What do you and your mom do together? play
12. How are you and your mom the same? when we eat
13. How do you know your mom loves you? when she tells me
14. What do you do to show your mom you love her? give hugs
15. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? at church

Abby's answers made me sad. Obviously she think I work all the time, which means I'm not spending enough time with her showing her that I do other things too. :( Sophie's answers were fun and some were bizarre. Maybe whichever young woman helped her write her card interpreted her words a little strangely . . .

Being a mom is awesome. I hope I can get better at it and be as good as my mom is. I've always thought she was amazing, it's a little hard to live up to!

3 comments:

Katie said...

This is so cute! It is nice that they both answered you always tell them you love them. I really like that Sophie said you would be famous for your hugs!

Andrea Landaker said...

I think Abby just wants to play Twister with you at work! :-)

Those famous Kristy-hugs!

Steven & Adrienne said...

You are a great mom! And your girls answers were funny. I could totally see them saying those things. What a fun mother's day you had!