Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sophie Strikes Again!

So, the last thing I knew was that Sophie needed a diaper change. Tom and I were both downstairs playing on the computers and each was hoping the other would change it. Well, we forgot about it since she disappeared and took the smell with her.

I finished playing and went upstairs to find Sophie and make sure the house was in one piece. It was quiet. A little TOO quiet. I couldn't find her anywhere - I checked my room, her room, the kitchen, pretty much her usual spots. Then I noticed the front door was unlocked. I went out, looked around, there was no sign of my little Sophie in her pink dress anywhere. Tom had heard the front door and came to help search for her. We split up and went in different directions. I noticed there was an open car and garage door a few houses down and thought maybe she had ventured over for a visit. Still no sign of her. I saw an open gate and went through in search of her. Nothing. I really didn't think she would have gone that far from home - although I have yet to test her wandering distance.

So I thought I should check the house again, just to be sure. I throw things around on my bed searching for her and call her name repeatedly. No Sophie! Then I notice her dress on the floor - I imagined Sophie wandering the neighborhood in just a dress. Then I saw her poopy diaper on the floor - and I imagined her stark naked wandering the neighborhood. Just to be sure I'd checked everywhere I look in Alice's room. I thought it was a long shot since the door was closed and we don't usually go in when Alice is sleeping.

There was a dirty baby wipe on the dresser. Hmmmmm. I looked around and saw Desitin on a diaper bag in the room. Hmmmmm. I kept investigating and saw a little white leg sticking out from behind the recliner. Aha! Sophie was lying on the floor hiding from me. I got her out of there and this is what I saw:


Have you tried washing Desitin off of a little person? It's takes a lot of scrubbing. She even had it in her hair! Sophie was NOT pleased that I had to wash her hair not once, but two times. (She doesn't like the hair washing part of the bath.) Anyway, I finally got it all off of her.

The water ended up pretty darn cloudy afterwards. I have a hard time blaming her because I too know the draw of the Desitin. I don't know what it is - I just like it and always have.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I think it is sooooo funny that you have a daughter that is just like you :)

Andrea Landaker said...

Heh, I can't stand Desitin!

Onyx went through a phase where he would quietly go up to his room, take off all his clothes, and pee on his bed. Weird!

Steven & Adrienne said...

I think that is so funny!!! Who knew she was so much like you...and wow Abby looks a lot like you in that picture. Good thing she wasn't wandering the streets looking like that.

F said...

how random! pahaha i love it

MaryAnn said...

That is so funny. It's payback time. What other crazy things did you do as a child that your kids can follow?

Katie Rich said...

That is so funny! I'm glad you had that picture of you doing the same thing.

Chatty Family said...

My mom is here visiting and she read this over my shoulder. She and i were CRACKING UP!!!! This is so funny. You were such a crazy kid and now you have one of your own. Love it!