Monday, July 7, 2008

Tahoe Report






We had lots of fun in Tahoe, but I think I was just too lazy to take a lot of pictures. I'll have to see if AJ or my mom got any pictures of the kids I could steal. The girls loved the water, Abby especially loved the pool.

We were lucky enough to go see Emerald Bay before all the smoke settled over the lake. There were about 300 fires in California that decided to blow their smoke into our area to try to ruin our vacation. There was a large fire last year on the south shore of Lake Tahoe that didn't even make it this smoky. Oh well! What can you do?

I got a cold about 3 days into our trip and felt pretty miserable for most of the duration. We came back a day early since we were ready for our own beds and some clear air. Vacations sure are fun, but they help you appreciate your home MUCH more.

8 comments:

On Our List said...

What kind of mother are you? You only took 8 pictures??? I guess I won't give you a hard time since you were sick and there were crappy conditions due to the fires. I am glad you are feeling better. Abby looks beautiful in the first picture. I also love Sophie grin...she is so adorable.

On Our List said...

So you added word verication...I am glad you are hanging out with the XXX crowd. How was the PB ice cream cake?

Unknown said...

The ice cream cake was delicious. Now that you've reminded me I might eat the rest of it. We'll see if any rooms clears up in my belly first.

Kristy

Unknown said...

Sorry, I don't have multiple rooms in my stomach. (I haven't totally completed my human to cow conversion.) It was just a typo on my comment.

Kristy

Devon and Brooke said...

cute pics - i haven't blogged in a few weeks - so it was fun to catch up on yours! your girls are cuties! miss you!

Andrea Landaker said...

Wow, Abby's really big! Sometimes it feels like a vacation to not take pictures . . . :-)

I'll be interested to see how those stomach rooms work. ;-)

On Our List said...

Rooms in the stomach...that would be cool. I just noticed I had a typo too. I meant to say, " I am glad you are not hanging out with the XXX crowd." I should read what I type before I hit the publish button.

Steven & Adrienne said...

Cute pictures, and it looks like you still had fun. Hope you are feeling better.