Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baby acne makes me sad


I know every mother thinks their baby is the most adorable of all the babies. I'm no exception. I certainly think my little roly poly Alice is pretty darned cute. But she started getting baby acne all over her head this last week. It seemed a little less red today, so maybe it's clearing up. It just makes me sad when her perfectly smooth and soft skin is spotty and bumpy and angry looking. My other kids had it, so I know it won't last too long - but I want it to go away now! Sorry to whine.



We went on a "field trip" to BYU today. I, of course, forgot my camera. Hopefully I can get some pics from other sources and write a real entry on that.

8 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

She is still adorable. And I agree it makes me so sad, I wish there was something you could do to help them clear it up...I know Tyson had it the worse and I was always sad when I saw it. Good thing we have such cute kids, that no one else notices the little things.:)

On Our List said...

Oh poor Alice. I hope it clears up soon.

F said...

trenton said he thinks she's just getting nervous for her big day :0) we both think she still looks as cute and cuddly as ever! i love those cheeks!

ckm said...

Jenna had it also. You would think that she was going through puberty at 2 months of age! My pediatrician suggested cortizone cream. It worked like a charm! If you try it, I hope it works for you as well! Julia had cradle cap - Neutragena Tar Shampoo (that was what it was called 16 years ago) - or the Neutragena shampoo for bad dandruff/dry scalp was amazing as well!

Unknown said...

Maybe she is a little nervous for Sunday! I'll have to ease her fears with a nice rubbing of cortizone on her head. Hopefully that'll do the trick. ;)

ckm said...

How is she doing? How was the blessing? Did the cream work?

Unknown said...

Her skin is clearing up really nicely now! It isn't very red anymore, her skin just needs to go back to being really smooth again now. I'm not sure if it was the cortizone cream, or just if it is going away on its own. Isn't that typical of babies? You never know if what you do makes a difference, or if they are growing out of it.

Thanks for the help everyone!

ckm said...

I'm so glad! Keep doing the cream ... I was amazed at how quickly Jenna cleared up too once I applied it. I loved my pediatrician!